WHAT IS LUBALOX®?
Lubalox® is the trade name Winchester uses to describe a black oxide process. It is a very thin oxide bullet coating, often compared to the bluing on a steel firearm.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LUBALOX®?
The primary benefit of Lubalox is reduced barrel fouling. The process creates a surface on the bullet jacket, which increases the number of shots possible between cleanings. Unlike moly-coated bullets, Lubalox-coated bullets leave the barrel residue-free and do not require barrel “seasoning”. Additionally, unlike uncoated bullets that tarnish over time, Lubalox protects the surface of the bullet jacket, keeping it looking like new.
WILL LUBALOX® HARM THE GUN BARREL?
Lubalox does not harm the barrel. In fact, testing shows that the coating often reduces barrel fouling. Lubalox® coating is not a Moly coating.
- Polymer Silvertip. Polymer Silvertip prevents deformation in the magazine.
- Lubalox ®Exterior Coating. Reduces fouling, pressure and friction between bullet and bore; provides longer barrel life, easier cleaning and enhanced accuracy.
- Fully Tapered Jacket and Special Lead-Alloy Core. Allows controlled expansion and optimum weight retention at all practical velocity levels. The heavy jacketed base prevents bullet deformation during firing.
- Heavy Jacketed Base. Acts as a platform for large- diameter mushroom.
- Ballistically Engineered Solid Base®. Boat tail configuration combines with the streamlined polymer tip for extreme long-range performance and for easier loading.
GAME RECOMMENDATIONS: Deer, Antelope, Hogs
OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE VELOCITY: Minimum: 1800 fps (549 mps), Maximum: 3200 fps (975 mps)
|6mm 95 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51040||Spitzer Point|
|25 Caliber 115 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51050||Spitzer Point|
|270 Caliber 130 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51075||Spitzer Point|
|270 Caliber 150 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51100||Spitzer Point|
|7mm 140 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51105||Spitzer Point|
|7mm 150 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51110||Spitzer Point|
|30 Caliber 150 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51165||Round Nose w/ Cannelure|
|30 Caliber 150 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51150||Spitzer Point|
|30 Caliber 168 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51160||Spitzer Point|
|30 Caliber 180 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51170||Spitzer Point|
|338 Caliber 200 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51200||Spitzer Point|
|45 Caliber 300 Grain||CT Ballistic Silvertip Bullet||51834||Round Nose w/ Cannelure|